Commercial Auto Coverage
Do you have snow plowing business? Or does your business deliver food or other supplies? If you have staff members who get behind the wheel, your commercial vehicle insurance will protect your business financially in the event of incident on the road.
There is no “one size fits all.” The variables that affect the kind of coverage you need include the size of your company, whether you have one company car, a dump truck, a fleet of limousines or freight trucks, or a few delivery vans. You also may need special coverage for transporting hazardous or flammable materials. In addition to these factors, your commercial vehicles may be subject to state and federal regulations that impact your insurance coverage.
Every business is unique, and therefore each commercial vehicle policy must be tailored to the business.
To get the right policy and the right amount of coverage for your company, talk with a Forward Insurance agent who will fully explore your commercial vehicle usage and risks. When you meet with your agent, be sure to provide all the important facts regarding your company vehicle use, such as:
- How is the company organized (from a legal perspective)?
- What types of vehicles does your company use?
- Who owns them?
- Who drives them? You will need to provide driver’s license information for each driver.
- How often do you or your employees drive these vehicles?
- Do you transport people? Transport or deliver goods? Use the vehicles to provide services?
- What kind?
The bottom line is that a business needs a flexible, tailored company auto insurance policy, and it is important to make sure your policy adequately covers your real-world use and risks.