When it comes to your finances, you can never know too much. As a community bank, we believe we have a responsibility to help our customers and the public understand all kinds of money matters.
Take a Step Forward to Financial Freedom
- 3-5 minute educational modules
- Available in English and Spanish
- Create an account to track progress
- Complete playlists at your convenience
Free Online Financial Courses
Each playlist offers brief, interactive modules. Each module has a collection of interactive slides to read at your own pace and mini quizzes to check your understanding along the way. Registration is not required to complete the playlists, but it is encouraged to track progress.
Not sure where to start? Take a short quiz to create a personalized playlist for your individual goals.
Understand the basics of some key financial concepts.
- Car Loans
- Checking Accounts
- Credit Cards
- Mobile and Online Banking
- Prepaid Cards
- Preventing Overdraft Fees
- Why You Should Pay More Than the Minimum Balance on Your Credit Card
Explore the benefits and costs of buying and owning a home.
- Buying a Home
- Considering Homeownership
- Investment Property
- Mortgage Relief
- Reverse Mortgages
- Should I Refinance My Mortgage?
Learn how to manage your money and avoid financial dangers.
- Budgeting for Families
- Creating a Budget
- Credit Scores and Reports
- Debt Management
- Family Conversations About Money
- Healthy Financial Habits
- Identity Protection
- Set Your Calendar Every Year for Good Financial Health
- Taxes: The Basics
Understand the financial basics of managing a small business.
- Developing a Business Plan
- Financial Wellbeing for Entrepreneurs
- How Businesses Obtain Credit
- How Businesses Use Credit
- Small Business Banking Services
- Small Business Financial Statements
Learn more about what it takes for your small business to thrive.
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Managing a Growing Team
- Obtaining Financing and Funding for Your Small Business
- Opportunities for Women- and Minority-Owned Small Businesses
- Overcoming Small Business Financial Hardships
Learn how to be more financially prepared in the years ahead.
- Article: Managing Volatile Income
- Certificates of Deposit
- Health Savings Accounts
- Mindful Living
- Paying for College
- Savings Accounts
- Shopping for Insurance
- Sustainable Investing
Learn more about the responsibilities of caring for another person's finances.
- Becoming a Financial Caregiver
- Expectations of a Financial Caregiver
- Managing Finances Through the Loss of a Loved One
- Planning for a Financial Caregiver
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Reporting Elder Financial Abuse
Learn how you should prepare for an eventual retirement.
- 401(k) Plans
- Article: Maximizing Retirement Savings
- Estate Planning
- FIRE Lifestyle
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Planning for Retirement
- Wealth Transfer
- When to Collect Social Security
Explore tips for overcoming financial crisis.
- Budgeting During a Crisis (Financial or Otherwise)
- How to Save for an Emergency, During an Emergency
- Manage Your Loans During Difficult Times
- The CARES Act Helps Free Up Funds