Personal Umbrella Liability
Better understand how a personal liability umbrella policy could provide protection if you accidentally injure someone or damage their property and are sued. Forward Insurance is here to protect you from the unexpected.
Whether it's a serious auto accident involving pricey medical bills or an incident on your property, you can quickly find yourself responsible for damages that exceed the limits on your auto, homeowners or boat policies. And an expensive judgment is the last thing you want to worry about.
Umbrella insurance can provide:
- An extra $1M to $10M of liability coverage which can help protect assets like your home, auto, boat, wages, and investments such as your retirement
- Coverage for claims like libel, slander, defamation of character and invasion of privacy
- Helps cover defense costs, attorney fees and other charges associated with lawsuits
- Provide protection for injuries caused by your pet to others
A standard umbrella policy covers:
- Your primary residence
- Two motorized vehicles
- Small Sailboats
- Motorboats with fewer than 50 horsepower
All this coverage extends to international occurrences as well. An umbrella policy is a valuable addition to any auto, homeowners or other policy for extended personal liability protection.
You should also consider umbrella insurance if you:
- Have a pet or pets that may bite or otherwise injure someone.
- Are in certain professions or high-profile positions, such as physician, attorney or politician.
- Have a swimming pool or other recreational equipment on your property.
Fortunately, catastrophic accidents are rare, and that means umbrella insurance is probably less expensive than you think. It's a small price to pay for additional peace of mind.