Credit Score Journey
Do you know your credit score? Gain instant access to your credit score, credit report, and personalized money-saving offers when you start your Credit Score Journey within Forward’s digital banking platform.
Why use Credit Score Journey?
- Daily access to your credit score
- Real time credit monitoring alerts
- Work toward your financial goals
- Personalized credit report
- Identify credit bureau errors
- Access within digital banking from computer or mobile device
- Instant access to your credit score and credit report
- Credit Score is updated every 7 days, but you also have the ability to refresh your credit score and full credit report every 24 hours
- Credit profile is pulled from TransUnion, one of the three major credit reporting bureaus, and uses VantageScore 3.0
- Credit Score Journey will monitor and send email alerts when there’s been a change to your credit profile
- Understand the factors that impact your score and work toward financial goals
- Try the Credit Score Simulator to see how your credit* could be affected by different actions like paying off a credit card balance (using the simulator does not affect your actual credit score)
*The simulations are hypothetical; they do not predict or guarantee that your credit score with rise or drop.
Get Started with Credit Score Journey
Select Credit Score Journey from the menu within online banking or mobile app.
No. Credit Score Journey is entirely free, and no credit card information is required to register.
No, Forward Bank uses its own lending criteria when making final loan decisions. However, the Credit Score Journey tool can show you estimated savings opportunities on new and existing loans. Final rate, term, monthly payment, and other factors will be determined at the time of application.
No, Forward Bank does not have access to your credit file unless you choose to share with them. However, if you would like to share your credit report with your financial institution or any trusted party, you can easily download your credit report by navigating to the “Credit Report” tab and clicking “Download Report”.
Credit Score Journey makes its best effort to show you the most relevant information from your credit report. If you think that some of the information is wrong or inaccurate, we encourage you to take advantage of obtaining free credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com, and then pursuing with each bureau individually. Each bureau has its own process for correcting inaccurate information but every user can “File a Dispute” by clicking on the “Dispute” link within their Credit Report. However, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website offers step-by-step instructions on how to contact the bureaus and correct errors.
No. Checking Credit Score Journey is always a “soft inquiry”, which does not affect your credit score. Typically, lenders use ‘hard inquiries’ to make decisions about your credit worthiness when you apply for loans.