Forward Bank Has First $5,000 Shot-on-Goal Winner in Medford December 13, 2019
Forward Bank sponsored a $5,000 Shot-on-Goal on December 10th at the Medford Raiders hockey game and saw its first winner!
The lucky participant, Ruth Searles, was selected at random from the crowd to attempt a shot-on-goal from the center line for a chance to win $2,500 for herself and $2,500 for the school’s athletic program. Ruth’s first attempt landed just short of the goal. With the crowd cheering her on, she adjusted the distance on her second attempt and the puck slid right into the corner of the cutout! Ruth is the first winner of the $5,000 Shot-on-Goal since its integration. Congratulations to Ruth and the Medford athletic program!
“These types of events encourage our communities to come out and support our student athletes,” commented Heidi Reinhardt, Assistant Office Manager at Forward Bank in Medford. “It is also a unique way for us to connect with our communities while giving back in a fun and exciting way! We’re so happy to have the first winner in Medford!”
Winter $5K Shots are occurring at high school hockey and basketball games in each of the communities Forward Bank serves. To see a full schedule of games, click here or follow Forward Bank on Facebook (@ForwardBankWI).
Photo (left to right): Laceekae Johnson, Nathan Bilodeau, Ruth Searles, Dave Clark, Molly Knoll and Heidi Reinhardt
It’s Time to Review Your Insurance Coverage December 10, 2019
As the new year approaches, many people review their lives and make new goals for the future, to maybe eat better or exercise more, for example. This turning of the calendar page is also a good time to review your insurance coverage. An annual review allows you to update information and policies to ensure you are appropriately protected in the coming year.
To complete this process, take the following key steps.
- Take inventory: Create a home inventory (or update your current one). Be sure to add any major gifts you receive this holiday season and remove anything you have donated, sold, or thrown away in 2019. In your inventory, include a description and the cost of items. Scan or photograph receipts to save with your list. Store everything online and/or off-site so you can access it in case of disaster.
- Assess automotive needs: Consider the age and value of your vehicles. Is your coverage still appropriate? Have the primary drivers on any vehicles changed this year, or will they soon? Make sure deductibles, limits, and primary driver designations all make sense for your current needs.
- Look for changes: Have you experienced any changes in the past year that might affect your insurance coverage? Renovations, births, purchases, and commute changes can all affect your insurance considerations.
- Check for savings: Don’t miss out on any savings opportunities. Check for multiple policy discounts, changes in requirements, or new programs that may cut your insurance costs.
Contact our office for a quick review of your policies. We can help you evaluate your insurance needs to make sure you have the right coverage as you head into the new year.
What Makes Forward Unique – Mutual Bank December 4, 2019
Forward Bank is a customer-owned, independent community bank who operates to benefit its depositors while offering no fee deposit options, lower lending fees and rates.
Dave Clark, Executive Vice President.
The Board of Directors of Forward Bank voted to add Jon Pesko and Terry Palecek to the Board at their October meeting.
Pesko is the majority owner of United Pride Dairy, a partner in Railview Distribution, and Phillips Lumber and Hardware. He is active in the community serving as the President of the Board of Education. Pesko has made a positive impact on the dairy industry serving on the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Dairies & Foremost Farms Cooperative in the past.
Palecek is the owner of multiple businesses in the Park Falls area including Terry Palecek Inc & Palecek Trucking, Lake Region Holdings LLC, and Butternut Regional Warehouse. He is actively involved in his local community serving as the Town Chairman for Agenda, on the Butternut Fire commission, Butternut Cemetery Association, and the Flambeau River Advisory Council.
“Jon and Terry bring Board representation to our two northern communities of Phillips and Park Falls,” said Bill Sennholz, President and CEO of Forward Bank. “Their knowledge of this area is extremely beneficial as we continue our outreach. Each has a vast amount of experience in their respective fields, and we are excited at the insight that they will provide.”
Forward Bank Expands $5,000 Half Court Shot November 15, 2019
More schools and more chances to win! Forward Bank will be holding $5,000 half-court shots at 13 local high school basketball games and 3 hockey games this winter! To support the mission of giving back to the community, half of the overall prize will be given to the school athletic program.
Each fan attending a participating high school basketball game will be eligible to attempt the $5,000 half court shot. The lucky participant will be selected at random from the crowd and will have 2 attempts to make the shot. If successful, the shooter will receive $2,500 and $2,500 will be donated to the athletic program on their behalf. There is no cost to participate.
Those attending the hockey games will have a similar opportunity to make a $5,000 shot on goal. The participant will be randomly selected and have 2 attempts from the center line to pass the puck through a 20” cut out in a banner covering the goal.
Even if the shot is not made, a donation of $250 will be made to the school athletic program.
“Student athletes are adding to their educational experience and will bring many skills to their communities and future employees,” commented Bill Sennholz, President/CEO of Forward Bank. “That’s why it’s so important that we invest in athletic programs in our communities so they can continue to have that opportunity.”
Forward Bank will be at the following basketball/hockey games:
- Colby Hornets – Thursday, December 5th
- Medford Raiders (Hockey) – Tuesday, December 10th
- Columbus Dons – Friday, December 13th
- Athens Bluejays – Tuesday, December 17th
- Thorp Cardinals – Friday, December 20th
- Chequamegon Screaming Eagles – Friday, January 3rd
- Phillips Loggers – Tuesday, January 7th
- Stanley-Boyd Orioles – Friday, January 10th
- Greenwood Indians – Friday, January 10th
- Chequamegon Screaming Eagles (Hockey)– Tuesday, January 14th
- Owen-Withee Blackhawks – Thursday, January 16th
- Marshfield Tigers – Friday, January 24th (Girls Varsity Game)
- Marshfield Tigers (Hockey) – Friday, January 31st
- Gilman Pirates – Thursday, February 6th
- Medford Raiders – Friday, February 7th
- Abbotsford Falcons – Friday, February 14th (Boys Varsity Game)
Please support your local high school athletic programs by attending these games and you could have the opportunity to win $2,500 for yourself and $2,500 for the school!
Learn more about Cooperative Programs»